Monday 13 August 2012

Why I Will: Miss the London Olympics. .




British models strut their stuff at the closing ceremony
I didn't really watch the Olympics. There. I said it. While most Londoners counted up Team GB's Gold medals and eagerly anticipated each Olympic game, staying indoors to watch on the TV, I wondered what I would eat for iftaari or how to fill my days after a long holiday in Spain. I am a terrible Londoner. Eek. I even slightly nodded in agreement at a recent meal in Tinseltown when a girl loudly declared she 'had no interest in the Olympics' before everyone around her threw her a disgusted look (including me, I jumped on THAT bandwagon straight away). Either way here are 3 reasons I am sad the Olympics are over:

1) The roads will be busy again. London will awaken from its Olympic drenched slumber from in front of the TV and realise that actually we need to go out again to get active ourselves.

2) I no longer can look forward to the Spice Girls performing at the closing ceremony which was the one of the highlights of my Summer.

3) London is not going to be polishing its shoes and looking squeaky clean for all the visitors anymore.

Either way I am still looking forward to the Brazil Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment